Monday, December 22, 2008

Bravo Wells Fargo!

I remember receiving an email from Wells Fargo several months ago announcing the introduction of several Envelope-free ATMs at various locations. As someone who is regularly irked by both deposit holds and wasting paper with deposit envelopes, I was thrilled to hear such news.

And finally, today, after walking up to the ATM at UCLA's Ackerman Union and looking perplexed at the empty wall where the envelope rack used to hang, I was able to give one of these nifty new ATMs a go!

Of course I'm sure this technology was developed, advertised, and made available by other financial institutions months, if not years, ago. But I think one needs the opportunity to personally slip a naked check of their own into one of these badboys to really appreciate the significance!

Sure, I appreciate revolutions like the invention of the automobile and the introduction of the Apple I computer. But sometimes, it's those little quality of life things like DIRECTV on Jet Blue airplanes and the ability to just shove a handful of checks and cash into the ATM and have it magically appear in your account that really make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment