Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Morality and Babies

The Morality of Eight Babies or, Sometimes, Even One

This post by Valerie Tarico is an excellent piece that offers some sincere balance to Holstein's post on the subject of 14-baby lady.

Unlike Tarico, I was not raised fundamentalist, or with any religion for that matter. But I have always felt a very deep sense of faith and spirituality, and I believe that ethics and morality have been central to my identity and actions throughout my life. I agree wholeheartedly with her that progressive minded people too often cower in the shadow of fundamentalist morality rather than championing their own, and that it's high time we stopped forgetting that morality happens to be at the center of our beliefs and actions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment