Monday, March 2, 2009

Going Green, and probably feeling green while you do it

If this isn't classic save-the-planet, Birkenstock-wearin', granola-munchin' Californian conversation, I don't know what is.

In my opinion, I think that before our golden state has to honor any water rationing, that the Governator should have to use one of these himself for a month. I'm thinking that Arnold's Mr. Olympia breakfast of steak, eggs, chicken, and potatoes byproducts might take a wee bit longer to decompose than your average bowl of oatmeal topped with bananas and brown sugar, eh?
Actually, it's encouraging to see this article. I used to watch the show "It's Not Easy Being Green" which chronicled the green living pursuits of the Strawbridge family on their farm, and I must say that I was blown away by the composting outhouse they built on the property. I also think that a quaint, well-built green outhouse seems slightly less "gross" than a composting toilet sitting in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment