Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yep, sure do look ferocious don't they?


I'm heading to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary next week for a 4-day volunteer visit and am so excited about it that it's all I can do to not just hop in the car right now and hit the road for Utah. So, I'm trying to tide myself over with the piles of fun sanctuary videos and photos available on their site.

While there's plenty of great stuff, it's pretty easy for me to pick a favorite:
"Vicktory Dogs Playing" video

The video speaks for itself, and a word like "resilient" hardly does it justice. But it seems a given that canines are a cut above the rest of us mere homo sapiens when you think about what these guys went through, and then see this.

(Photo Credit: Best Friends website)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog due to our shared interest in dog rescue. I am hoping to make a trip to Best Friends within the next year. If you have time would you email me and let me know what you would recommend or I can just check back as I'm sure you will post about your experience. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete